- Initial Program Management Office (PMO) startup
- Define Acquisition Strategy for a major, DoD ERP implementation program
- Define and defend program budget after two failed POMs (Program Objective Memorandums)
- Provide thought leaders from industry and the USMC to provide long-term program support to the GCSS-MC program office, assist in acquisition support, program management, software product selection, and detailed technical review and planning services. Support with ERP subject matter experts (SMEs) from industry, software developers, high-level management talent, and logistics systems experts
- Captured initial program funding
- Provided the longest continual support from a contractor to the GCSS-MC program office ensuring critical continuity and institutional knowledge to this challenging program effort
- Successful Milestone A, B, and C decisions
IR Tech engaged in 2001 under a small business set-aside to initiate and capture funding for the GCSS-MC Program. The objectives were to institute GCSS-MC as a formal acquisition program and capture POM-04 funding. Both endeavors were successful. Over time, IR Tech provided Systems Engineering and Technical Support (SETA) services. These services included technical guidance, analytical support, system engineering, risk management, logistics SMEs, test support, independent verification and validation (IV&V) as well as technical management and administration support to the Program Office.
In addition, IR Tech provided Program Office leadership in the areas of acquisition program logistics, functional subject matter expertise, requirements management, portfolio management, risk management, data analysis/interface specification, post-deployment systems support, IT infrastructure analysis and engineering, system deployment support, change management services, communications planning, post-deployment system support, service level management, continuous service improvement, capacity management, change and release management, problem management, quality assurance and other areas as requested by the GCSS-MC Program Manager or Chief Engineer.
The services IR Tech delivered to the United States Marine Corp and the GCSS-MC Program Office consistently enabled the program to maintain momentum and satisfy requirements for DoD Directive 5000 governing DoD acquisition system operation and management. In GCSS-MC PM and PMO, we delivered full spectrum support in terms of strategy, planning, and documentation necessary to advance the program from its pre-concept status, through a successful Milestone C decision, and transition into post-deployment system support. In the final analysis, IR Tech personnel lead the GCSS-MC Increment 1 Program Office by providing in-depth DoD Milestone management for the Marine Corps’ largest IT investment program to date.